Thursday, July 23, 2009

Went to see "Dr. Fill" yesterday!

Yesterday I went to see my surgeon - who wasn't expecting me - I had been told I had an appointment for 1:30PM but the Casco Bay Surgeons office didn't have me scheduled in..... great..... I had someone come into my work to cover for me while I went to see him? Anyway, I went to the other part of the appointment and that was at the Maine Bariatric Center - right next door. I saw a bunch of familiar faces that I hadn't seen since before my surgery so it was nice to catch up and they were all saying how much weight I have lost and how great I was looking. That was nice.... I'm not gonna lie..... So I went with the RN into the exam room and she felt around for the port and had to make sure she was in with the needle. She drew out whatever saline was in there - about 1.5cc and put it all back in and added 2.5cc for a total of 4cc that is in there now. I go back in three weeks for another fill. Let me tell you how WEIRD it was going in!!! It felt fluttery and I SWEAR I could feel it filling my band! So for 48 hours, I am to eat pureed foods again..... not too bad...I can move on to soft foods tomorrow! I have been eating yogurt, soft serve, and hummus..... not an horrible diet. Least it's not baby food! I promise I will add photos soon! I know I have been bad and not posted any but I will soon!!

No comments: