Friday, May 29, 2009

An ode to Chicken Broth! ....and Health

Seriously..... Here I was eating my meal, drinking my protein drinks and drinking a TON of water and literally felt like I was starving myself! Suddenly, at work, as I was dragging my body down the hall digging my fingernails into the floor to pull myself along, I had a 'DING' go off in my head! "I can have Broth!! I can have broth!!!!!" It is on my list of acceptable fluids to drink through out the day! Let me tell you, that styrofoam cup with hot water with a packet of powder that is Boullion, it was the best food I have ever had! I was so happy! I had forgotten that I could have fluids other than water!

On a side note, I have had a persistent cough since Monday and it is neither going nor coming. Not sure what is going on. The last thing I need is for my surgeon to tell me "Oh, your sick? Well, we're going to have to re-schedule...." No we are not.... so I am going to go to the Dr. tomorrow... he may just tell me that I just have a cough and give me something to make it go away.... but he may also tell me it is Bronchitis and give me a Z-pack and send me on my way, allowing for my cough to go away and surgery to happen on the scheduled day of June 5! I will keep you posted on what the Dr says! Hope you are all having a great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you feel better and that your cough is just a cough and not something more. You are so strong and so positive! I wish you the best of luck!
Lynn

BTW-I am a friend of Cheryls. We met once a while back.